Saturday, June 13, 2009

Foundation Camp's A'startin"

Today I am super excited! It is the start of foundation camp and I am so thankful for the many campers signed up. I m praying for them that it would be a true two weeks of growth. I have fond memories of my own time spent in foundation camp. I honestly do not believe I have ever grown so much in two consecutive weeks.
Right now…I am also praying trying to wait on the Lord. I love working with campers and challenging them to seek Him. I spoke to my boss Missy Wetterling yesterday about the possibility of counseling 9&10th grade camp. I was told that if they are still short a counselor then maybe I can counsel that week.
So! Right now my prayer is that I would be willing to do whatever the Lord would want me to do. If it is counseling I pray that I would be a blessing to those campers and challenge them that they might grow closer to Christ, but if not and I am to work in the office. Then my prayer is simply to work willingly within the office and to be content to serve wherever.
It can be hard to be willing to work wherever and I do not want my attitude to be one of discontent simply because I am not working directly with campers. A lesson I learned last year is that God is going to use you wherever you are. It may be through staff instead of campers. It may not be in the form you thought you would.
I think of last year and remember when people were encouraged just through seeing a smile on my face. Sometimes one’s ministry is not what one originally expected.
I am honest with myself I have always wanted to counsel 9&10th grade camp. I love building relationships with girls that age. We shall see what happens and I will keep posting.
If you read this please join me in praying.

Through Him,
Caolae Siler

No comments:

Post a Comment