Monday, June 15, 2009

Selfishness

Today I was thoroughly challenged through a secular movie I watched last night. The name of the movie was “The Guardian” It was the story of a man training to be a part of the coast guard. The movie ended with his teacher dying to save his life. What struck me concerning this movie was the sacrifice he made.
I doubt I would have been strong enough to die for another. Also this raises the question within my head. “What am I doing to make a difference now?” I am trying to make a difference wherever I am but it seems silly some of what I do. How essential is some of my activities? Could I be utilizing my time more? Am I putting myself first or others?
Often I realize after the fact how selfish I am. Someone needs some help with something and I don’t offer….because after all...I mean I do need to study my nature program. Or I really wanted to talk to a friend…and they need encouragement. SO I am ok right?
Wrong, I am to put other’s needs above my own. I pray that I would fully learn to give of myself. Sometimes I tend to think that perhaps I am giving too much; however when I sit down and realize what has been given for me. I could never give as much as Christ gave for me.
His love is so vast books could never describe it. I learned that DNA contains so much information that just from what we know…a stack of books reaching to the moon and back 500 times could not contain the information. I know that since the Creator created all that….what could be written about His love…..is even more.
Sorry if this is slightly scatterbrained….
Through Him,
Caolae Siler

No comments:

Post a Comment